16 Things You Are Forced to Know About Me
For the last couple of nights I have had trouble sleeping. The image of Belle creeping behind me at my cubicle in the loo office had been causing me to toss and turn, elbowing Azman’s nose and sending the baby rolling off the bed.
Sometimes she would creep slowly behind me, squeezing my shoulder, leaning close to my ear and whispers eerily “Ooo… Ko main Facebook masa kerja ye?” I would wake up trembling with cold sweat.
But most of the times, Belle’s face would materialize as a screensaver, suddenly replacing my word processor on the computer and shrieks on top of her lungs “Ko dah kena tagged!” I leaped awake from my sleep and screamed “I will do the tag! I will do the tag! Just don’t kill me!”
Then Azman slapped me and I went back to sleep.
Tagged (16 Things You’re Force To Know About Me!)
1. My name is Diyana Yang Abdul Razak
2. When I was in kindergarten (Tadika Islam Kuala Kangsar, school of 1988) I represented my tadika to a Perak state level story-telling competition. I won third or second prize, I can’t remember but the news was reported in the newspaper. I still keep the cuttings somewhere, it was the first time my name make it big on the papers and I was announced as Diyana binti Yang Abdul RASYID! Bila pulak Pak Rashid jadi bapak aku??? Huaaaa!
3. When I was a first year student in University Malaya (MU), I met my good friend Maizirah. If you think I can talk non stop, you should meet her, she talks no-need-to-breath-kinda non stop. She is so cool. I miss her. Anyway, as we talked we found out that we have been competing with each other in the Perak state level Story Telling competition, 13 years back. She represented Teluk Intan and myself, Kuala Kangsar. Talk about a small world we are living in. Moral of the story, if you can do public speaking at 6, there is a possibility you will end up in a good university. Hehe..
4. My first crush was Jordan Knight from New Kids On The Block.
5. I imagine my idol the legendary, Piah Zadora as Kiah Propa from the sitcom Geletek on TV9. I read her blog but having a hard time catching up with who are the bloggers she was talking about.
6. I only have one boyfriend in my whole life, now he is the father of my son. Jordan Knight, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Ashton Kutcher don’t count. They didn’t bribe my mom expensive pearl brooches.
7. During one of the semester breaks, I went with my best friends, Julia, Sabrina and Badriyah to Lata Bukit Hijau, Kulim for a picnic. I took a wrong step, fell into a bottomless pit and pushed down by the momentum of the waterfall. The current was too strong. I couldn’t pull my way out. No air. I was drowning. I struggled with all my might but I could feel my body weakened with every breath that I couldn’t take. Suddenly it all turned black. I felt myself falling deeper and deeper. My body couldn’t seem to fight for its life anymore. I found myself astonished… So this is how my life ends… I knew then that I was going to die. Then suddenly silhouette of a man appeared before me. I remember he wore a red shirt. He swam towards me and took hold of me. My oxygen-deprived brain deciphered the image as my then boyfriend, Azman, who was actually hundreds of kilometers away. The man carried me out of the water, passed my lifeless body to my friends and went away. I gained conscious a few minutes later. I can’t remember his face. I didn’t get a chance to say thank you to the man who saved my life.
8. There is a man out there that I owe my life to. I owe him the world of gratitude but I do not know him. I am sure he doesn’t know me too. If you are reading this, o kind man who saved a girl in the waterfall in 2001, do contact me. I think I want to marry you off with my sister Shanaz. Or my friend Bani. Take your pick. Semoga Allah SWT melimpahkan rahmat kepadamu…
Writing about my drowning is emotionally exhausting. Belle, I will continue with the next 8 facts next time……